Why do you need 5-S?
- Poorly designed production jobs.
- To much time spent fighting “fires,” not enough time spent improving the process.
- Uncomfortable working environment.
- Work is not exciting and enjoyable.
- Costly mistakes and inefficiencies
How will my participation in the 5-S program improve the company?
- Better designed production jobs reduce inefficiencies, improve cycle time
- Reduction of costly mistakes and inefficiencies.
- Increased morale from more comfortable working environment
The 5 parts of 5-S
- S2-Set in Order (Straighten)
- S3-Shine (Scrub)
- S4-Standardize (Stabilize)
What difficulties can be expected during 5-S implementation?
- May take one out of their comfort zone.
- It will be different from what you have done in the past.
- Change the way one views their job